PASS!

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

PASS!

Postby wmcooper7 » Fri May 27, 2016 1:38 pm

Hi All!

Just thought it would be helpful to pass along how, what and for how long I studied. In general, after passing this exam (my 6th), I think that almost everyone over-stresses and over-studies, myself included. Hope below can be a guide and to help understand that you don't need to be studying for months for these tests.

I studied for 2 weeks... about 2-3 hours a day. More on the weekends, but that's it.

- Amber videos. I believe this is a must! I watched them all while taking notes. After going through all of them, I would listen to them while I was working. Find a partner and fork over the money, it's worth it. Best part, he actually kept me interested and engaged. I can't say that I was thrilled to be studying for this one, so it was great to have a good way to get through it. Re-watch any subjects that you don't feel comfortable with.

- MEEB book. (Hint, you can rent it on Amazon for $20.) I literally just skimmed through the suggested chapters. And by skimmed, I mean I looked at the pictures and diagrams and that was it.

-Ballast Practice Exam

-Ballast _Chapter from BDCS on conveying systems.

-Nalsa video for the vignette. I practiced a few examples. Maybe spent 2-4 hours on this.

-ADA guides. I have collected all the ADA sheets from Jenny's notes for all the different exams and just review them before each test.

AND THAT"S IT.

Seriously, know the videos and you are good to go. Good luck if you still have to take this one!
wmcooper7

Re: PASS!

Postby MichaelS » Fri May 27, 2016 2:30 pm

Congrats!!!!!!
MichaelS

Re: PASS!

Postby MikeyLXT » Sat May 28, 2016 4:18 am

I just finished all 7 exams taking them 4 weeks apart. Passed them all the 1st time. I do generally think people tend to over study but really that is a case by case basis. The more experience you have the less studying you probably need. In addition without knowing at all the grading system or how you have performed on any previous exams it is tough to gauge how you are doing when compared to a passing grade.

I studied probably 20-30 hours for each exam.
MikeyLXT

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS