Passed & done!

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

Passed & done!

Postby Ctface » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:55 pm

This was my last exam and I could not have done it without this forum.
Thank you to all that contribute and comment on vignettes!

I read the most for this exam than any other exam because I read MEEB cover to cover.
I also read the Kaplan and Ballast study guides beforehand and I think one could pass this exam by only reading MEEB. It is far more in depth than you'll need but it's also super informative and a surprisingly easy read. 1/2 of the book is charts, sample calculations, and diagrams. Pay attention to the diagrams if you can't read the entire book. I had many of them pop up and they simply ask you what it's showing.
I did all the practice exams a couple times and scored much higher after I read more chapters in MEEB.
I looked up YouTube videos of things like the evaporative cooling process and three way switches because the study guides and book weren't quite enough (for me).
The vignette was what worried me the most so I tried to focus on examples and comments of why items were incorrect. I tried to do a vignette every day for the last week. The one on the exam was a curveball but I guess I passed it!

Again, this forum was a fantastic resource. I like it when people listed their study materials so I figured I would for my last one.
Best of luck to all - see you on the other side!
Ctface

Re: Passed & done!

Postby sammyguns » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:06 pm

Congrats!!
sammyguns

Postby Adritere » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:45 am

Congratulations!!!!!! I bet you are so happy to finish with ARE test!!
In my case I have a retake of SS on dic 3rd and I am trying to decide a date for BS.
I am studying full time and taking the online Amber course, also have the MEEB book.
How much time do you recommend me for preparing?
Adritere

Postby cathaejo » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:53 pm

Congratulations!!!
cathaejo

Postby Ctface » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:25 pm

Adritere wrote:Congratulations!!!!!! I bet you are so happy to finish with ARE test!!
In my case I have a retake of SS on dic 3rd and I am trying to decide a date for BS.
I am studying full time and taking the online Amber course, also have the MEEB book.
How much time do you recommend me for preparing?

Thanks! I'm very relieved.
If you're studying full time, I think 4 weeks is sufficient. That's a personal opinion though. I learned through this process that the more time I gave myself to study, I was slower I studied and I also have limited memory so I started to forget things the longer I studied...so 6wks was too long and 4 was my sweet spot.

Good luck!
Ctface

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS