SD-Interior Layout, First attempt, Feedback please

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

SD-Interior Layout, First attempt, Feedback please

Postby gtiracer06 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:56 am

Took more than an hour.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gtiracer06

Re: SD-Interior Layout, First attempt, Feedback please

Postby crzylgs » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:50 am

- File Cabinet is blocking 'visual' to Entry Door from Secretary Desk
- I think you are missing a Coffee Table in Reception
- Chairs in SO are to close to front of Desk
crzylgs

Postby Sparky83 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:20 pm

crzylgs wrote:- File Cabinet is blocking 'visual' to Entry Door from Secretary Desk Incorrect. Perfectly fine as is.
- Chairs in SO are to close to front of Desk Also incorrect. The chairs are accessible as is.
Sparky83

Postby claire22310 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:27 pm

Work tables are supposed to have 5' clearance in front of them. This is actually pretty similar to my layout, which I just posted. It's so interesting to see all the alternative solutions!
claire22310

Postby crzylgs » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:49 pm

crzylgs wrote:
- File Cabinet is blocking 'visual' to Entry Door from Secretary Desk Incorrect. Perfectly fine as is.It does not specify the height of the cabinets, I can see this being fine, sorry.
- Chairs in SO are to close to front of Desk Also incorrect. The chairs are accessible as is.The chairs are accessible, but is the front of the desk? Ballast state "Provide minimum 24" between front of desk and guest chairs".
crzylgs

Postby Sparky83 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:14 pm

crzylgs wrote:crzylgs wrote:
- File Cabinet is blocking 'visual' to Entry Door from Secretary Desk Incorrect. Perfectly fine as is.It does not specify the height of the cabinets, I can see this being fine, sorry.
- Chairs in SO are to close to front of Desk Also incorrect. The chairs are accessible as is.The chairs are accessible, but is the front of the desk? Ballast state "Provide minimum 24" between front of desk and guest chairs".

That's an error if the chairs are facing the desk where 36" would be required. When the chairs are perpendicular to the desk, they can be right up to it. The only restriction is that a desk with a rounded front should not directly face a wall. It's a "design logic" issue for NCARB.
Sparky83

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN