IL Alt 1 - Please review!

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

IL Alt 1 - Please review!

Postby Taminations » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:18 pm

INTERIOR LAYOUT VIGNETTE – ALTERNATE #1

1. Reception/Business Office (RBO)

• Clear view of Suite's main entrance from a secretarial desk
• The only space to be used for circulation and all rooms must have direct access to it.
• Furniture
• 1 secretary desk
• 1 lateral file
• 4 lounge chairs (alt. furniture file: 2 lounge chairs, 1 loveseat OR 1 lounge chair, 1 lounge sofa)
• 1 round coffee table

2. Mr. Jones' Office (JO)

• Must have an exterior window
• Direct access to Library and Conference Room
• Furniture
• 1 executive desk
• 1 credenza
• 1 table for four
• 2 large bookcases

3. Ms. Smith's Office (SO)

• Must have an exterior window
• Furniture
• 1 executive desk
• 2 lateral files (alt furniture file: 1 lateral file, 1 vertical file)
• 2 arm chairs
• 1 square coffee table
• 1 large bookcase

4. Library and Conference Room (LCR)

• Furniture
• 1 conference table (alt. furniture file - Conference Table for 10)
• 2 large bookcases

5. Copy Room (CR)

• Furniture
• 1 copier
• 1 work table
• 1 storage cabinet
• 2 small bookcases
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Taminations

Re: IL Alt 1 - Please review!

Postby im4u2nv5151 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:59 pm

My only comment is in the Copy Room, and I have heard conflicting information on this. I don't know if you need a 5'-0" clear work area in front of your copier and work table or not.

I have heard that you only need 3'-0". But as a precaution perhaps allow for the 5'-0" if possible. It looks like there is a possible solution that wouldn't be overly difficult to pull off.

Again, not sure which clearance is needed, but better safe than sorry maybe. (how do we find this information out by the way? It seems that there should be a very clear expectation, and no guessing when it comes to this sort of thing). Thoughts anyone?

Best of luck to you
im4u2nv5151

Postby Design intent » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:27 am

im4u2nv5151 wrote:My only comment is in the Copy Room, and I have heard conflicting information on this. I don't know if you need a 5'-0" clear work area in front of your copier and work table or not.

I have heard that you only need 3'-0". But as a precaution perhaps allow for the 5'-0" if possible. It looks like there is a possible solution that wouldn't be overly difficult to pull off.

Again, not sure which clearance is needed, but better safe than sorry maybe. (how do we find this information out by the way? It seems that there should be a very clear expectation, and no guessing when it comes to this sort of thing). Thoughts anyone?

Best of luck to you

From what I've read in the program, every room needs to have a 5' clear floor area to turn around in a wheelchair. The copier and work table need 36" access in front of it.
Design intent

Postby Taminations » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:37 pm

Thanks for reviewing the vignette attempt, and posting the question!

Here is a link from previous discussion regarding copier, work tables and posture chairs:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17381&p=61522&hilit=copier+clearance+coach#p61522

Based on that discussion, I think 3' is fine for both work table and copier, unless posture chair is in the same room as work table. Then we have to imagine it as usable with work table, by providing access to it and placing it near the work table.

Please comment, and review my other vignettes too, testing this week!

Thank you.
Taminations

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN