post exam thoughts

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

post exam thoughts

Postby pig » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:28 am

just tested and definitely a fail....
for the reason that i did not manage to finish the vignette in time. needed may be another 3 mins....
naively as this sounds, i should have known that the vignette would be more complicated as the practice exam.
so pls be prepared that you need to think (!!) more than the practice exam in order to find a feasible solution. for all 3.
the MC was similar in nature of what one would expect. except, i always feel like i am either not smart enough not studying the right thing or just too lazy to study all of what i should have studied....

rolling clock is running out.....
pig

Re: post exam thoughts

Postby PEARLDRUMS » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:13 am

I felt the same way the first time I took it... finished the ramp in 40 min's it took me almost 1 hours and 40 mins to complete the stairs because the solution I
thought would work turned out not to fit. I finished the Roof in 19 min's. I failed because of the stairs. I retook it and passed. I would strongly recommend
doing every version of the the vignettes. (ballast, kaplan, Exam Prep, 3.1, 4.0 and Dorf's and Sajiid)....A few are very hard. Dorf's and Sajjid help me the most. But do them and look at the variations. That really helped a lot in think about the solution. I just drew the sample off to the side and solved.

The vignettes are a lot like Schematics. You have to know the patterns and how to solve for the patterns. There are only so many variations.
On my retake. I finished all 3 with 30 min's to spare. My MC the second go around was completely different than the first not a single question from the 1st exam was on the second.
PEARLDRUMS

Postby Coach » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:30 pm

PEARLDRUMS wrote:On my retake. I finished all 3 with 30 min's to spare.

I'm sure these helped: http://arecoach.thinkific.com/collectio ... systems?q= ;)
Coach
Site Admin

Postby PEARLDRUMS » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:07 am

YES.... SO Sorry Coach... They were are big help. Everyone Please make sure to purchase Coach's ARE Vignettes videos. They are a great break down in understanding how to solve the problems. I would purchase them first. He breaks down solving each vignette in a step by step process. I felt they were much better Black Spectacle and Dorf's video's
PEARLDRUMS

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS