PASS and Done!

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

PASS and Done!

Postby mtckli » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:38 am

Good Morning everyone! I have visited this site a lot over the last two years, haven't posted much, but have learned and gained so much. I just wanted to say THANK YOU! This morning I received my last PASS for BDCS!
Best wishes to all of you on your journey!!!!
mtckli

Re: PASS and Done!

Postby nidagm » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:36 pm

Congrat's, would you tell us what you studied for BDCS and for how long?
nidagm

Postby mtckli » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:45 am

I gave myself two weeks to study intensely (wake up at 5am + study for an hour, study 1 hour at lunch break, study for two hours at night after kids go to bed). I took, retook, and took again the ballast and gang chen exams. I did the vignettes over and over 6 or 7 times each.
I had failed BDCS previously with a Level 3 on one of the vignettes and a Level 2 on materials. Right after I failed the exam I read FBC cover to cover. Not sure if that really helped, because it was a good 2-3 months before I took this exam again. I also have two small children and just recently changed jobs. So my life is not slowing down. I just needed to get this hairy beast off my back.

Good luck!
mtckli

Postby hc3500 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:14 am

mtckli wrote:I gave myself two weeks to study intensely (wake up at 5am + study for an hour, study 1 hour at lunch break, study for two hours at night after kids go to bed). I took, retook, and took again the ballast and gang chen exams. I did the vignettes over and over 6 or 7 times each.
I had failed BDCS previously with a Level 3 on one of the vignettes and a Level 2 on materials. Right after I failed the exam I read FBC cover to cover. Not sure if that really helped, because it was a good 2-3 months before I took this exam again. I also have two small children and just recently changed jobs. So my life is not slowing down. I just needed to get this hairy beast off my back.

Good luck!

Congrats! Just one question, what's FBC?
hc3500

Postby Coach » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:41 pm

hc3500 wrote:Congrats! Just one question, what's FBC?

http://amzn.to/2acrvp5
Coach
Site Admin

Postby mtckli » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:27 am

I used an old copy of FBC back from college. So if you can just find any copy I think it's helpful!
mtckli

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS