Just tested

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Just tested

Postby lc.between » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:19 pm

As others have said, this exam is pretty cumulative. Questions from BS, SS, CDS, PPP.... That being said, I had a lot more materials finishing questions than I expected. I don't know how well I did on those, and found myself wishing I had spent more time on those parts of Ballast, which was my main study source. I recognized all the questions as something I had definitely read, just didn't remember.

This was (hopefully) my last exam and with the exception of SD, this was the only one where I didn't think any of the questions were out of left field. That was pretty comforting.

Finished MC with a little time to spare, since the questions are pretty quick if you know them. I guess they're quick if you absolutely don't know them too...Just guess and move on!

My vignettes were very straightforward. Ramp was trickier than the NCARB example and I ended up spending about 45 minutes on it before moving on. I did the roof second, which contained no surprises and was about equal to NCARB in terms of difficulty. Maybe even a bit easier. Finished the roof in 25 minutes. I did the stair last and it was so very straightforward and simple that I finished in 20 minutes and then flipped back and forth between program, code, section and solution for another 10-15 because I was convinced I was missing something.

All in all with the vignettes, 2:45 was more than plenty of time to do them, check them, check them again, halfway re-do the ramp solution and still check it all again a few times. Still unsure about my ramp solution, but there was nothing I could think to change so I left the vignettes with about 45 minutes to spare. This was a few hours ago and I haven't yet had any of those "oh shit I forget ______!" moments so I think that's a good sign.

Crossing my fingers that I'm done with NCARB. Now to wait...
lc.between

Re: Just tested

Postby shortindiangirl » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:11 pm

Thanx for the review. Good luck.
shortindiangirl

Postby lc.between » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:19 am

Pass and done! Thanks to everyone out there commenting and reviewing. This is a completely invaluable resource.
lc.between

Postby galileotx » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:57 am

Congrats lc.
galileotx

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS