Vignette wording

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Vignette wording

Postby ekelsey15 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:26 pm

Ok. So I tested today.. And I have a few questions. It may help some others out..

1. Accessible parking spots are to be within X feet of building entrance. This means the whole space must be?
2. X must be more than 200' (arbitrary number) from Y. Is this entrance to entrance if both buildings or is it closest points of each other?
3. X is to be no more than Y building? Does this mean the whole of the object or just part of it?

I ask because I had a vignette where I had to do both 2&3. And I could not find a solution if they were from the closest points to each other. And I couldn't satisfy 2 if I had to have the entire object within the distance as stated in 3.

I hope this makes sense. Just want to confirm my thinking and help anyone else by having these answers all in the same thread..
ekelsey15

Re: Vignette wording

Postby tammy2329 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:28 pm

1. I read somewhere all handicap spaces must be within that area, not just part of them.
2. I believe any portion of building bless program specifies in detail
3. Same as above

Hmm, that's odd. Can anyone confirm what to do if both two and three must be satisfied??
tammy2329

Postby AREctct » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:29 pm

ekelsey15 wrote:Ok. So I tested today.. And I have a few questions. It may help some others out..

1. Accessible parking spots are to be within X feet of building entrance. This means the whole space must be? Draw a circle with a 100' radius and make sure that the center lies in the middle of the entry. All handicapped spaces must lie within the 100' circle.
2. X must be more than 200' (arbitrary number) from Y. Is this entrance to entrance if both buildings or is it closest points of each other?Think of it as a setback. Draw a circle wit ha 200' diameter or 200' radius and place it around the building. The other building should not encroach into this area.
3. X is to be no more than Y building? Does this mean the whole of the object or just part of it?Only a portion of the building should be within the specified distance.

I ask because I had a vignette where I had to do both 2&3. And I could not find a solution if they were from the closest points to each other. And I couldn't satisfy 2 if I had to have the entire object within the distance as stated in 3.

I hope this makes sense. Just want to confirm my thinking and help anyone else by having these answers all in the same thread..
AREctct

Postby ekelsey15 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:40 am

2. X must be more than 200' (arbitrary number) from Y. Is this entrance to entrance if both buildings or is it closest points of each other?Think of it as a setback. Draw a circle wit ha 200' diameter or 200' radius and place it around the building. The other building should not encroach into this area.

But from what point is my question. From the main entry? From the exterior of the building. I passed the vignette and I went from the main entry because I couldn't find a way to do it without using that location. So either it wasn't a major mistake or thats what they want.
ekelsey15

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN