Fail

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

Fail

Postby MkF_Smity » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:43 am

Well I have taken 5 exams and this is the first that I failed.

My score report indicated that It was a deficiency in practice management that caused the fail. Honestly I didn't study that as much as I should have. I didn't have a lot of time and the AHPP is an intimidating book. I should have studied it more.

I would like to point out that I had a level 1 score for the vignette. I know a lot of people struggle with this vignette and some think it is rigged or has a glitch. I didn't notice any funny business with the vignette. It was just like the others (loosely different then the practice vignette) and I didn't spend a lot of time on it. It took about 35 minutes and that was with triple checking everything.

I'm off to SS then BS and then back here to P3.

The biggest bummer for me is that I was trying to get all 7 exams done in nine months so that I could have my license before years end and hopefully earn a raise.... i guess i have one more year of being paid like an intern....ugh :(
MkF_Smity

Re: Fail

Postby avogadro » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:03 pm

That sucks about your exam.
Why wouldn't you get the raise after getting your license?
avogadro

Postby dingicm » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:58 am

Starting in Oct you can retake a test in 60 days instead of waiting 6 months! Not that you should rush it as SS and BS take a good amount of concentration.

I took SS and BDCS first and I think I rushed into them...I failed both but by a small margin :/ I passed SD and SPD so I decided to conquer PPP next and I test in a week. I was trying as well to finish all exams in a year but it took me away from my life completely and I decided to take my time and enjoy this process. I have now moved to two months per exam on average instead of 1 which was brutal starting out!

I am taking Thaddeus' course for SS as I was literally 1 level away on one section from passing and I want to make sure I'm set for the second round, if you're in the DC area he is coming here Oct 3-5, check out the DAC website.

Best of luck!
dingicm

Postby MkF_Smity » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:56 pm

Perhaps my comment was poorly worded.... the fact that I won't be getting my license this year as I had planned means no big raise this year..... hence another year at my current wage.
MkF_Smity

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE