Report a bad question?

Report a bad question?

Postby MandaKR » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:58 pm

Is there a way to report bad questions to NCARB? Or is there any point? I had one with blatant missing information in today's BDCS exam.
MandaKR

Re: Report a bad question?

Postby japorms_tys » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:20 pm

This is just my personal take, but the only time I would advise a person to contact NCARB is to transmit their record to their state board. Anything more than that will just be an exercise in self deprecation.

On a more practical note, the question you saw may only be a pre-test questions and not count for anything. Hope you passed.
japorms_tys

Postby rabbitlady » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:30 pm

I haven't had any reason to contact NCARB yet, but per page 16 of the ARE Guidelines:

INQUIRIES ABOUT SPECIFIC ARE QUESTIONS OR VIGNETTES
NCARB employs extensive quality control procedures throughout the development of the ARE. In spite of these procedures, typographical errors or flawed questions or vignettes may be encountered on rare occasion. If you suspect an error in a specific question or vignette, write to customerservice@ncarb.org immediately after taking the test.
In your correspondence, include:
• the name of the division
• the test date
• the specific concern(s) about the question or vignette
You are not allowed to copy the question before leaving the test center and are not expected to recreate the entire question in your correspondence. NCARB will review the question, and you will be notified of the findings. The correct answer will not be revealed.
rabbitlady

Postby OwlCat » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:56 am

I was reading the ARE blog, and it said most exams will have a couple of questions that are not counted toward your score that are being tested out for future exams. So it is very possible that it was not a "real" question, just one that they put in there to get statistics of whether it is a good question or not, if that makes you feel any better.
OwlCat

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION