crash course

crash course

Postby afermich » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:45 pm

Hello,

I'm a mother to one year old and I work full time. I have a limited time to study during day and at weekens. But I'm very committed and really want to nail this exam. Is it doable to study for 2 months?

Is there a pay video or seminar similar to Amber Seminar for this rxam?
what are your recommendations for a crash course for CSE? Please advise.

Thanks.
afermich

Re: crash course

Postby hnQ_9999 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:12 am

You can buy the Enchilada, listen to a few audio, take a look at a few
samples and decide for yourself. In there, David suggest 60 days period bases
on his 55 study statements. You can squeeze 2,3 into 1 day or expand 1 into 2,3 days,
all depend on you.
It's very much depend on how strong are you on the ARE and work experience
in CA. For peoples from out of state, Ch11, DSA, T24 or other things may bother
them much, and 60-days seems right.
I work in CA, doing 3 in 1 days, mostly listen at day time and re-track the materials
after diner and weekends, for now.
hnQ_9999

Postby afermich » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:50 am

Thanks. Is there a website for Enchilada? Where do you buy it from?
afermich

Postby kevinshort1224 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:48 pm

just got back from a study session... a word of warning about Woo which I'm sure you'll come across on other posts on this forum... his study guide does have errors. specifically, the mock exam portions. Just came across a question about mold growth.. his answer was that mold grows more often in cold climates over warm climates. this is wrong... everyone knows mold grows in humid conditions with organic matter and more likely in warm climates (warmer air holds more humidity, thus more likely to grow mold. of course this depends on exact mold type, but as a generalization hot over cold. enough about mold...) hard to see such a blatant error on a mock exam. but nonetheless it makes you question his answers and be confident in your own knowledge.

I'll still stand behind his study guide though, it's much better for detail than Doucette's guide. I used Doucette's guide at the beginning to get familiar with the material, and now am finding Woo's guide useful for more in-depth technical details.
kevinshort1224

Postby hnQ_9999 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:23 pm

I can expect an error like the use of Halon in fire suppression now,
(since 2005 it has been outlawed).
But mold grows in... cold weather, it cannot be typo or
outdated info, or outdated regulation, it just plainly...wrong.
--
given that, I am not happy with Enchilada either.
Too much bla bla bla, and lack of solid details. Yet,
at least I can get started w/ the audios when I am at work
or driving, like a reinforcement.
--
case in point :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hnQ_9999

Postby Corkscrewed » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:24 am

Use David Doucette's Whole Enchilada as a guide for the subject matter. Explore the links he provides. He's got a lot of great information, but studying ONLY his book will not be sufficient.

I'm taking the Hungry Ogre approach--devour as much knowledge as possible. As such, I've got Doucette, Woo, and X-Pass, plus a study group, plus links galore, plus old PPP and CDS content, and also just plain looking through CalGreen.

So, um, really, though Doucette might be the closest thing to a crash course, unfortunately, there really isn't one. I'd recommend 3 months for your position, afermich.
Corkscrewed

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM